- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Fault in Our Stars author John Green has been posting behind-the-scenes videos from the set of the movie adaptation of his best-selling young adult novel, starring Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort.
In his latest video, Green finds out whether the movie’s stars have actually read the book, something he says he’s asked a lot, and reveals the truth behind the sometimes glamorous, mysterious parts of filmmaking.
Fans of the novel will be happy to learn that both Elgort and Woodley have read the book and loved it, with Woodley saying it’s one of her top two favorite books of all-time.
Green also reveals that the movie will feature real teen cancer survivors in its support group scenes, and he shows the kids they cast in the film.
He also exposes the most glamorous part of the movie set: the toilets.
“I’ve lived in an apartment smaller than this Porta Potty,” he says. “It has both a toilet and a urinal. It also smells great in here. It smells like angels and stardust. I am serious. This is a fancy Porta Potty.”
This is actually Green’s second video, but we’ve embedded the first one, from the last week of August, below. And he indicates at the end of his latest clip that he’s planning to post more.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day