- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ashley Zukerman, Fred Hechinger, Julia Rehwald and Jeremy Ford have signed onto the Fear Street movie trilogy from 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment.
Leigh Janiak is set to direct the trio of films based on the Fear Street novels by R.L. Stein. The newly cast members join Kiana Madeira, Olivia Welch and Benjamin Flores Jr.
Alex Ross Perry, the writer-director behind Listen Up Philip and Queen of Earth, was earlier attached to helm the Fear Street 2 sequel.
Fear Street was a scare-filled book series that Stine began prior to the wild success of his Goosebumps series and was aimed at older teens (and was also markedly adult and more violent). The stories were set in the fictional town of Shadyside, Ohio, spanned different times periods in the 1980s and 1990s and featured new sets of characters, although some occasionally made appearances in other books, giving them a kind of universe dimension.
Chernin Entertainment is producing the film projects, with Jason Young overseeing for 20th Century Fox.
Zukerman is repped by Gersh, Cohn/Torgan Management, Lisa Mann Creative Management and Viewpoint; Hechinger is with Abrams Artists Agency; Rehwald is repped by DDO Artists Agency; and Ford is with LoveStone Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day