- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Felicity Jones is set to star as Ruth Bader Ginsburg in a biopic about the Supreme Court justice’s life.
On the Basis of Sex will be directed by Mimi Leder (The Leftovers, Shameless) and follows Ginsburg as she fights for equal rights throughout her entire law career, which began at Harvard University and Columbia Law School and led to Washington.
At one time, Natalie Portman was considered to play Ginsburg in the feature, which was written by Daniel Stiepleman and was placed on the 2014 Black List.
Robert W. Cort is producing, along with Participant Media. Focus Features will distribute the movie.
Jones, who received an Oscar nomination for her performance in The Theory of Everything, was last seen in the Star Wars stand-alone Rogue One and the indie A Monster Calls. She is attached to star in a movie inspired by the classic ballet story Swan Lake with Call Me by Your Name helmer Luca Guadagnino attached to direct.
Jones is repped by WME and the U.K.’s Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day