- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The third trailer for the upcoming animated film Ferdinand was released Wednesday and offers a look at how star John Cena relates to his character. Cena voices Ferdinand, a gentle bull who is taken away from his human family to participate in Spanish bull-fighting and goes on an adventure to return home.
“The movie sends a message that resonates very strongly with me: don’t judge a bull by its cover,” the WWE superstar says in the clip. Ferdinand is captured by bullfighters because of his large size, but because he hates violence, the bull decides he must escape with the help of some animal allies.
The Blue Sky Studios film features original music by Nick Jonas and voices from Kate McKinnon, Anthony Anderson, Gina Rodriguez and Peyton Manning as Ferdinand’s friends.
From the creators of Ice Age and Rio, Ferdinand will hit theaters on Dec. 15 via 20th Century Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day