- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Now that the movie has found its Christian Grey in Jamie Dornan, the rest of the cast for Universal Pictures and Focus Features adaptation of EL James’ best-selling novel Fifty Shades of Grey is falling into place.
True Blood actor Luke Grimes has been cast as Elliot Grey, the brother of Christian Grey. He joins Dornan and Dakota Johnson, who plays Anastasia Steele.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing from a screenplay by Kelly Marcel. The project is aiming for an early November start.
STORY: ‘Fifty Shades’: EL James Welcomes Jamie Dornan to Cast
Elliot Grey plays a pivotal role in the story as a member of Christian’s close-knit family. He winds up in a romance with Anastasia Steele’s best friend, a role that hasn’t yet been cast.
Grimes plays Wes on the long-running vampire show. He appeared in Taken 2 and is a lead in All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, the cult horror movie that just finally got released after years of sitting on the shelf.
Grimes is repped by CAA, manager Darren Goldberg of Global Creative, and attorney David Feldman of Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day