- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Advance tickets for Fifty Shades of Grey just went on sale last Sunday, but the hotly anticipated film version of the best-selling erotic novel is already the fastest-selling R-rated title in Fandango history.
The film, which hits theaters on Feb. 13, sold more advance tickets in its first week of sales than Sex and the City 2, The Hangover: Part II, The Hangover: Part III and Gone Girl.
Fifty Shades, which stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan, is also having the biggest first week of ticket sales for a non-sequel since the first Hunger Games movie in 2012, which still holds the record.
Sam Taylor-Johnson directed the big-screen version of EL James‘ best-selling book, which is being released by Universal Pictures’ Focus Features division.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Congressman Adam Schiff on Trump’s GOP Grip, Looming WGA Strike and His All-Time Favorite Show
Singer Kane Brown on His First Acting Gig on ‘Fire Country’: “The Perfect Start of My Acting Career” (Exclusive Video)
GLAAD Media Awards: Stars Denounce Attacks on LGBTQ+ Community as Bad Bunny, Christina Aguilera Accept Honors