- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – Scandinavia’s Svensk Filmindustri has signed a deal to buy Swedish production company Tre Vanner, a move that will further strengthen Svensk’s position as a regional giant.
Tre Vanner’ CEO Jonas Fors will take over as head of the new, merged company on Oct. 1, replacing Rasmus Ramstad, who has been CEO for Svensk since 1999 and will be leaving the company.
STORY: Oscars: Finland Is First Scandinavian Country to Announce Best Foreign Submission for ‘The Disciple’
Mikael Lovgren, main shareholder and board chair for Tre Vanner, will serve as executive chairman for Svensk. Svensk, a subsidiary of conglomerate Bonnier Growth Media, will take a 90 percent stake in Tre Vanner for an undisclosed sum with Tre Vänner’s founders retaining the remaining 10 percent.
Svensk is a leading film distributor and producer in Scandinavia. Tre Vänner is one of the region’s leading production firms, with credits that include TV crime series the Fjallbacka Murders and the Easy Money film trilogy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter
Andrew Lloyd Webber Says His Son Is Critically Ill, Will Miss ‘Bad Cinderella’ Broadway Opening
Lance Reddick’s Wife Stephanie Reddick Remembers Him Following Death: “Taken From Us Far Too Soon”