- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hong Kong’s Jet Tone Films will be launching Europe Raiders, a co-production with China’s Inlook Media, at Hong Kong Filmart, which is set to run March 14-17.
The third installment in Jingle Ma’s Tokyo Raiders (2000) and Seoul Raiders (2005) series, the $26 million action comedy will be helmed by Ma and stars the previous pics‘ leading man Tony Leung Chiu-wai.
Filming will begin in May, with plans to shoot in Italy, Austria, Shanghai and Japan. Europe Raiders is set for a 2017 release.
Jet Tone was not involved in the previous installments in the Raiders series, but producer and Jet Tone CEO Jacky Pang told The Hollywood Reporter it seemed like a good fit for the Hong Kong-based company. “Since we have a longtime friendship with Jingle Ma, and we find the idea of the film to be interesting, and the fact the film stars one of the artists in our signed talents, we decided to become one of the investors and the production company of the film,” said Pang.
Additional cast will be announced at a later date, which Pang added would also be international.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day