- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TAORMINA, Italy — Aurelio De Laurentiis’ production company Filmauro is getting involved in the home entertainment business, distributing digitized versions of its productions through the Medusa Video network.
The deal, which will take effect in July, links two of the biggest names in the Italian media world: De Laurentiis, nephew of famed producer Dino De Laurentiis, and the son of the late producer Luigi De Laurentiis, has produced some of the highest-grossing Italian films in the past three years. Medusa Video is a subsidiary of broadcast giant Mediaset, controlled by billionaire media tycoon and current Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
The deal will see Filmauro productions developed in a home entertainment format by Filmauro Home Video and distributed by Medusa Video.
The first film distributed under the agreement will be comic actor Carlo Verdone’s “Grande, Grosso … e Verdone” (Great, Grand … and Verdone), one of the most successful Italian films of the year so far.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day