- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Crowley is set to begin shooting in April in the U.K., a month before Focus International shops the project to foreign buyers at the Cannes Film Festival.
From a script by Steven Knight (Dirty Pretty Things, Eastern Promises), the thriller follows two ex-lovers who find their loyalties tested and their lives at risk when they are joined together on the defense team in a terrorism trial.
“Working Title and John Crowley have not only crafted a nail-biting thriller but an emotional rollercoaster as well — one that speaks to the heart of the human condition in our time,” Focus CEO James Schamus and Focus president Andrew Karpen said in a joint statement announcing the project with Working Title co-chairs Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner.
Bevan and Fellner are producing the film with Chris Clark (The Guard). Focus, which also worked with Bana on Hanna, holds worldwide rights.
Focus and Working Title are enjoying box-office success with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Focus is distributing the movie for Working Title in the U.S., where Gary Oldman is nominated for the Oscar for best actor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day