- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – The Foo Fighters are returning to headline Belgium pop music festival Pukkelpop a year after the festival was suddenly cancelled after a stage collapse left five dead and around 100 injured.
The tragedy meant that the Foo Fighters, the top-billed act for Pukkelpop 2011, never took the stage. The band has returned to the three-day fest this year and will close out Pukkelpop 2012 on Saturday.
Last year, Pukkelpop was shut down on its opening day after sudden, torrential winds uprooted trees and tore down two of the festival stages as well as several speakers and projection screens. Other acts that had been scheduled to play included Eminem and The Offspring. Initially, it was unclear if Pukkelpop would return but the Belgium government ruled the storm anatural disaster and absolved the organizers of any responsibility for the disaster.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day