- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Food Network Canada has done well by Guy Fieri’s Ultimate Recipe Showdown, so it’s launching its own nationwide TV recipe contest north of the border.
Indie producer Temple Street Productions is to produce Recipe for Riches as an original competition cooking series for the Canadian cable food channel.
The Canuck reality series will see Canadian cooks compete for a top cash prize of $250,000 as the winning recipe is featured nationwide in Loblaw grocery stores.
After a nationwide casting call, Canuck contestants will also slice and dice to compete in seven initial food categories for $25,000 prizes.
“There is a strong appetite among Canadian viewers for this kind of format and no shortage of culinary talent to be showcased,” said Barb Williams, senior vp of content for Shaw Media, parent of Food Network Canada, said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day