- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Darren Campo has been appointed senior vp, program strategy for the Food Network and Cooking Channel, general manager Bob Tuschman announced Tuesday.
In his new role, Campo will oversee programming planning and scheduling, in addition to consumer trends.
“Darren has a proved track record for understanding the audience experience and maximizing creative potential,” said Tuschman. “His unique, multi-faceted experience, both producing and developing content as well as heading up consumer research, make Darren uniquely suited to this new position that will help us deepen our audience reach and engagement.”
Campo’s hire comes three months after the Food Network brought on Deirdre O’Hearn as the senior vp, programming and development. O’Hearn told The Hollywood Reporter in April that part of her job will be looking for a “hit” — Campo’s responsibility will be schedule that hit in a time period to get the most viewers.
Before taking a job with the Food Network, Campo was the senior vp, programing, production and development for truTV. He has also served as an executive at Court TV, in addition to working in various capacities with the CBS Television Stations Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day