- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Johnson, who joined Food Network in 2003, will remain as a consultant through the end of 2016. Scripps will announce new leadership for Food Network in the coming days.
Johnson’s Food Network credits included Chopped, Food Network Star and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
“I couldn’t be more proud of everything that the team and talented chefs and hosts have created and accomplished together during my time here,” she said in a statement on Wednesday.
“The timing was right for me to step back and enjoy the next phase of my life, but I leave with total confidence that Food Network and Cooking Channel will continue to grow and engage fans of these beloved brands for many years to come,” Johnson added.
Johnson joined Food Network 12 years ago from A&E, where she launched the Biography Channel, and developed the original concept for History Channel and its programming strategy.
Scripps Networks Interactive president and CEO Kenneth Lowe in his own statement said Johnson has been a “key driving force” behind Food Network, and welcomed her continuing contribution to the cable channel as a consultant.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day