- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forest Whitaker will join Theo James in action-thriller How It Ends, directed by David M. Rosenthal and written by Brooks McLaren.
The project centers on a mysterious apocalyptic event that turns the roads into mayhem and a young father who will stop at nothing to get home to his pregnant wife on the other side of the country.
Paul Schiff, Tai Duncan, Kelly McCormick and Patrick Newall are producing the film, which was developed by Sierra/Affinity with Paul Schiff Productions. Sierra/Affinity is handling worldwide sales and financing. Sierra’s Nick Meyer and Marc Schaberg are executive producing the project, which Netflix has acquired for worldwide release.
How It Ends is set to start production next month in Winnipeg, Canada.
Whitaker was most recently seen in the Star Wars stand-alone film Rogue One and the sci-fi pic Arrival. The actor has wrapped work on Marvel and Disney’s Black Panther, helmed by Ryan Coogler. Whitaker is repped by WME and Brillstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day