- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox has begun putting together commitments from car manufacturers and, given its leadership in the demo of 18-49 year olds, at least two movie studios, it said. Fox’s deals come at high-single-digit percentage increases in ad rates over last year’s upfront, AdWeek said.
ABC is also focusing on hammering out car and film ad deals, and the young-skewing CW has also started writing upfront ad business, according to the report.
Auto spending is expected to be strong this upfront season, while Hollywood studio spending could come in slightly weaker than last year, AdWeek said.
CBS is expected to take its time in striking deals. Earlier in the week, CBS Corp. CFO Joseph Ianniello told an investor conference that CBS was willing to “hold out for what we deserve.” The company has targeted double-digit gains in the upfront.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day