- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Fox News has fired comptroller Judy Slater after the network’s internal investigation over racist comments she has made to colleagues.
Slater was accused of making offensive comments to African-American employees at Fox News, which were brought to the attention of management, who then launched an investigation into her behavior.
“We take any complaint of this nature very seriously and took the appropriate action in investigating and firing Ms. Slater within two weeks of this being brought to our attention,” said a Fox News representative. “There is no place for abhorrent behavior like this at Fox News.”
Slater had been with the network for almost 20 years.
The network is no stranger to such internal investigations, with lawsuits in the last year from Andrea Tantaros, Gretchen Carlson and more employees sparking an investigation into the conduct of former CEO Roger Ailes. The sexual-harassment accusations eventually led to his resigning from his post at the network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day