- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Fox News Channel says Donald Trump‘s attacks on the network — including a tweet saying he won’t appear there anymore — are “stale and tiresome,” and that he’s lashing out because The O’Reilly Factor canceled an interview with Trump that had been scheduled for Thursday.
“@FoxNews has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won’t be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future,” Trump tweeted Wednesday.
.@FoxNews has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won’t be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 23, 2015
“At 11:45 a.m. today, we canceled Donald Trump’s scheduled appearance on The O’Reilly Factor on Thursday, which resulted in Mr. Trump’s subsequent tweet about his ‘boycott’ of Fox News,” a network spokesperson said Wednesday.
“The press predictably jumped to cover his tweet, creating yet another distraction from any real issues that Mr. Trump might be questioned about,” the spokesperson continued. “When coverage doesn’t go his way, he engages in personal attacks on our anchors and hosts, which has grown stale and tiresome. He doesn’t seem to grasp that candidates telling journalists what to ask is not how the media works in this country.”
Fox News or Bill O’Reilly hasn’t explained why, specifically, Trump’s planned appearance was canceled, but it’s understandable given the nature of the recent tweets from the GOP’s front-runner for the presidential nomination.
“Do you ever notice that lightweight @megynkelly constantly goes after me but when I hit back it is totally sexist. She is highly overrated,” Trump tweeted about Fox News host Megyn Kelly on Tuesday.
A day earlier, he attacked Fox News in at least three tweets, including one aimed squarely at O’Reilly.
“@oreillyfactor, why don’t you have some knowledgeable talking heads on your show for a change instead of the same old Trump haters. Boring!”
After that, he tweeted: “I am having a really hard time watching @FoxNews,” and a little later he tweeted about Fox News guest and National Review editor Rich Lowry, stating, “@RichLowry is truly one of the dumbest of the talking heads — he doesn’t have a clue!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day