- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox Searchlight has set a Nov. 23 release date for Hitchcock, a fact-based drama about Alfred Hitchcock and the making of his classic film Psycho.
The move, announced Thursday, adds the film to the thick of the Academy Awards race.
Starring Anthony Hopkins as the legendary director and with a cast that includes Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson, Danny Huston and Toni Collette, the film is a love story about Hitchcock’s relationship with wife Alma Reville during the making of the seminal 1960 horror film.
Searchlight will give Hitchcock, directed by Sacha Gervasi, a platform release.
Hitchcock enters a crowded corridor for awards contenders. Life of Pi, from Searchlight parent studio 20th Century Fox, and Silver Linings Playbook both open nationwide Nov. 21, and Rust and Bone opens Nov. 23 in limited release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood