- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bennett Miller‘s Foxcatcher has been selected to screen as the closing-night film at AFI Fest. The drama starring Steve Carell, Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, Vanessa Redgrave and Sienna Miller will be shown Nov. 13 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
“Bennett Miller and the film’s incredible cast are going to close the festival on our last night at the iconic Dolby Theatre with an enthralling psychological drama that is one of the highlights of American independent filmmaking this year,” Jacqueline Lyanga, AFI Fest director said.
AFI Fest will take place from Nov. 6 through Nov. 13 at the Dolby Theatre, the TCL Chinese Theatre, the Chinese 6 Theatres, the Egyptian Theatre and the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. J.C. Chandor‘s A Most Violent Year will open the festival. The full lineup will be unveiled later this month.
Sony Pictures Classics will release Foxcatcher, based on the true story of millionaire John du Pont and his fatal involvement with the U.S. Olympic Wrestling Team, on Nov. 14.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tracee Ellis Ross