- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fran Kranz will join Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey in Sony’s The Dark Tower.
Based on the Stephen King-penned fantasy series, the film will follow a wandering knight (Elba) who is the last hope of the fallen land of Mid-World. He is charged with finding the Dark Tower while battling his nemesis the Man in Black (McConaughey).
Kranz will play Pimli, the right-hand man of the Man in Black.
Sony declined to comment on the casting.
Nikolaj Arcei is set to direct, with Ron Howard and Brian Grazer set to produce under their Imagine Entertainment banner. King and Erica Huggins also will produce.
Kranz, a favorite of genre director Joss Whedon, has appeared in The Cabin in the Woods and the indie adaptation of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, as well as the TV series Dollhouse. He next will be seen in the upcoming Netflix series Rebirth, which premiered this week at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Kranz is repped by UTA, Berwick & Kovacik and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day