- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
French telecom giant Orange and Spanish audiovisual group Mediapro have signed a deal to produce their first dramatic series in Spain, a tale or terror about a group of youngsters who disappear while trekking the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route,
In an announcement Tuesday, Mediapro said the story’s narrative will be told using the “found footage” technique, with images from the hikers’ mobile phones discovered after they go missing.
Filming is to begin in the next several weeks in northern Spain, the location of the ancient Camino de Santiago route, which each year attracts tens of thousands of hikers making their way to the city of Santiago de Compostela, where the body of Jesus’ disciple St. James is said to be buried.
The Mediapro Studio, Mediapro’s content producer, will handle production through its partner, 100 Balas, which boasts a solid track record in comedy series Vota Juan, Olmos y Robles and Pepe’s Beach Bar, which have been sold to several Spanish channels.
Veteran screenwriter Jose A. Perez Ledo is the showrunner for the still-untitled series. He is to announce further details on the project later this week at a television series festival in Barcelona, Mediapro said.
The Mediapro Studio has offices in almost 60 countries on four continents, 14 of which develop and produce content, and has launched 34 series so far this year with a global investment of 200 million euros ($220 million) for series, movies, entertainment programs and documentaries.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day