- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The trailer for Tim Burton‘s feature-length, black-and-white film, Frankenweenie, has debuted.
This isn’t the first incarnation of the project, which was first released as a short in 1984 and was a parody of (and an homage to) Mary Shelley‘s Frankenstein. In this go-around, the updated remake will center on Victor Frankenstein, who attempts to bring his dog back to life after it is struck by a car.
It starts like any other movie, with a young boy pining over the loss of his best friend, but of course, with all Burton projects, it takes a dark twist. In the trailer, Victor is seen going to extreme measures (including what at first is an unsuccessful attempt at using lightning to his advantage). But wait, Sparky’s back! Of course, there has to be a catch.
Featuring a voice cast that includes Winona Ryder, Martin Landau, Martin Short and Catherine O’Hara, the stop-motion animated Frankenweenie will be released in IMAX 3D.
Disney’s Frankenweenie opens in theaters Oct. 5.
Watch the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day