- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Former FremantleMedia development exec Renae Garcia has been hired by Canadian indie producer Marblemedia, based in Los Angeles.
Garcia, most recently director of acquisitions and development at FremantleMedia, becomes director of U.S. development and acquisitions.
She also completed executive stints at Alchemy Television, and the ICM and CAA talent agencies.
“As our development slate broadens into the prime-time scripted space, expanding our presence in L.A. is a natural next step,” Matt Hornburg, co-CEO and executive producer at Marblemedia, said in a statement.
The Canadian producer is only the latest to enter the U.S. scripted TV market after rivals like Thunderbird Films, Shaftesbury and Entertainment One earlier opened Hollywood bases to make dramas for the world market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Congressman Adam Schiff on Trump’s GOP Grip, Looming WGA Strike and His All-Time Favorite Show
Singer Kane Brown on His First Acting Gig on ‘Fire Country’: “The Perfect Start of My Acting Career” (Exclusive Video)
GLAAD Media Awards: Stars Denounce Attacks on LGBTQ+ Community as Bad Bunny, Christina Aguilera Accept Honors