- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — Be Kind, Fast Forward to May 2011 when French director Michel Gondry will head up the short film and Cinefondation Jury of the 64th annual Festival de Cannes, organizers said Monday.
Gondry will be back on the Croisette after presenting his first feature Human Nature at the festival in 2001, followed by 2008’s Tokyo! in the Un Certain Regard category and then out of competition documentary The Thorn in the Heart in 2009.
The prolific director is best known for his Academy Award-winning Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, plus more recent titles The Science of Sleep, Be Kind, Rewind and this year’s Hollywood box-office hit The Green Hornet.
Gondry’s “Amateur Film Factory” filmmaking workshop recently kicked off at Paris’ modern art museum the Center Pompidou offering visitors the chance to make a short film in three hours.
Gondry and his yet-to-be announced jury will present the three Cinefondation prizes in Cannes on May 20 and the Palme d’Or for best short film at the fest’s closing ceremonies on May 22.
The Festival de Cannes runs May 11 – 22, 2011.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day