- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zodiak Rights, which is handling world sales for the supernatural drama, has closed deals for the series, known as Les Revenants in France, in multiple Asian territories.
Thailand’s True Vision Group, South Korea’s AXN network, Hong Kong’s Now TV and Taiwanese public broadcaster PTS all snatched up The Returned. For both True Vision and Now TV this marks the first-ever deal for a French drama. Financial details weren’t disclosed.
The Returned‘s zombie hordes have been infecting the world since Canal Plus debuted the series last year. The show has sold to some 40 territories worldwide, including to Channel 4 and Universal in the U.K. and to Sundance Channel in the U.S.
The series also has been a critical hit, recently taking the top prize for best drama at the International Emmy Awards in New York.
A&E, which entered the scripted serial horror business with Bates Motel, is in development on a U.S. remake of The Returned. ?
The original French series is set in a small Alpine village in the shadow of a vast dam. A group of men and women struggle to return to their homes, unaware that they have been dead for many years and no one is expecting them back.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day