- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Andre Holland is heading to White House.
The Friends With Benefits actor has joined the cast of NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot 1600 Penn, which revolves around a dysfunctional first family whose out-of-control oldest son (Josh Gad) returns home and becomes not only its biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together.
Holland will play White House Press Secretary Marshall Malloy. He joins Gad and Gad’s fictional overachieving sister Brittany Snow as well as Bill Pullman, who has been tapped to play the president in the Twentieth Century Fox TV project.
Modern Family director Jason Winer, former Barack Obama speechwriter Jonathan Lovett and Gad are attached as writers and executive producers on the project. Winer also will direct the pilot.
Holland, who recently guested on USA’s Burn Notice, is repped by Paradigm and Brookside Artist Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day