- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Frozen 2 is officially in the works.
The sequel to 2013’s Frozen, which grossed over $1 billion worldwide, was announced by Disney’s Bob Iger and John Lasseter at the company’s annual shareholders meeting in San Francisco on Thursday morning.
Though the plot and release date have yet to be unveiled, Frozen stars Kristen Bell (who voiced Anna) and Josh Gad (who voiced Olaf) celebrated the news on social media shortly after the announcement.
Bell posted a photo of herself lying on a top of an ice bag, tweeting, “Dreams really do come 2!!!” Gad, who was on site at Thursday’s meeting, posted a photo of himself and Lasseter both looking super excited.
— Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) March 12, 2015
A photo posted by Josh Gad (@joshgad) on
Frozen Fever, Disney’s newest animated short, hits theaters March 13. It will run in front of the studio’s live-action Cinderella.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day