- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What should audiences expect from this summer’s Furious 7?
Judging by the movie’s Super Bowl ad, the answer is “Lots of over-the-top stunts, amazing-looking cars and Vin Diesel being Vin Diesel.” In other words, pretty much exactly what anyone would want from the seventh installment in the Fast & Furious franchise.
Still, “the most important thing in life will always be family,” Diesel says in the 70-second spot. The late Paul Walker, who died in a tragic car accident in 2013, also responds to a call to action: “I’m going with you.”
The movie pits Diesel’s Dominic Toretto and crew (which includes Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson and Walker in his last onscreen role) against Jason Statham’s Ian Shaw, out for revenge after the death of his brother. Needless to say, the new trailer suggests that the resolution of that conflict will be as glamorous and explosive as earlier installments in the series.
Directed by Saw’s James Wan, Furious 7 will hit theaters Apr. 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day