- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following the huge success of Furious 7, Universal is moving ahead with the eighth installment.
The next entry in Universal’s blockbuster Fast & Furious franchise has been scheduled for April 14, 2017. The news was revealed during the studio’s CinemaCon presentation, following an emotional speech by Vin Diesel.
“We’re going to make the best movie you’ve ever seen,” the actor said when announcing the release date.
Diesel, star of the franchise, came to the stage to talk about the most recent hit. He got emotional when speaking about his friend Paul Walker, who died before Furious 7 was completed.
“The last time I was on this stage I was with my brother Pablo,” he said. “It’s hard for me to even watch that clip and then come out here without being emotional.”
The seventh entry in the franchise has already broken box office records worldwide, so far nabbing more than $1.1 billion globally.
During a presentation on Thursday, Universal also revealed that the Fifty Shades of Grey sequels will hit theaters in February 2017 and February 2018.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day