- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FX is not moving forward with Outlaw Country.
The project, which is both a crime thriller and family drama set against the backdrop of organized crime and royalty in the south, had been awaiting a decision for months.
The collaboration between FX Productions and Fox TV Studios, which went through some retooling earlier this summer, starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes.
Outlaw had been pitted against FX’s other pilot option, comic book adaptation Powers. The waiting game carried on care of the network’s desire to see the latter’s special effects, but after seeing a finished product the network has requested similar retoolings, according to sources.
Powers, a Sony TV production, is based on the long-running Image/Icon comic series by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming is a police procedural with supernatural element. Jason Patric stars as Christian Walker, a cop who works in the Powers division of the police force and deals with crimes involving those endowed with special abilities.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day