- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – In Treatment star Gabriel Byrne will make his return to British television after more than 20 years — in a new political thriller from Company Pictures for Channel 4.
Coup, which will go into production later this year, sees Byrne play a British politician, Tom Dawkins, who finds himself taking on the establishment after a massive industrial accident involving a US petrochemical company rips apart an industrial site in the North of England.
Dawkins, a lifelong believer in transparency and open government finds himself taking on vested interests, big business, politicians and the military as he battles to uncover the truth and get justice for the victims.
The four-part series will be written by Robert Jones, based on the novel by former British MP Chris Mullins, A Very British Coup, and will be broadcast by Channel 4 next year.
It will be executive-produced by Jason Newmanand Charles Pattinsonand will be produced for Channel 4 by Company Pcitures and Newscope Films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day