- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Gabrielle Union is ready to spread a little holiday cheer.
Union will star in Universal’s A Meyers Christmas — originally titled A Meyers Thanksgiving — which centers on an estranged family who is brought together over Christmas for the first time since their mother’s passing. The film is slated to hit theaters on Nov. 11, 2016.
The family comedy will be helmed by Baggage Claim writer-director David E. Talbert, who also wrote the script. Will Packer will produce through his Universal-based Will Packer Productions, while Union also is signed on to executive produce. Talbert is executive producing with Lyn Sisson-Talbert, Preston Holmes and Jeff Morrone. James F. Lopez of Will Packer Productions will also executive produce.
Kristin Lowe and Chloe Yellin will oversee A Meyers Christmas for the studio.
The Bring It On alum’s latest screen role was Chris Rock‘s Take Five, and currently she stars in the BET drama Being Mary Jane. The show’s third season premieres Oct. 20.
Union recently wrapped production on Nate Parker’s The Birth of a Nation alongside Armie Hammer and Penelope Ann Miller, and Baran bo Odar’s Sleepless Night with Michelle Monaghan, Dermot Mulroney and Jamie Foxx. She previously executive produced the Lifetime movie, With This Ring.
She’s repped by CAA and Primary Wave Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day