- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot will be honored at the upcoming Critics’ Choice Awards with the #SeeHer Award, which recognizes a woman that pushes boundaries and changes stereotypes in entertainment to accurately portray women.
The award will be presented to the actress by her Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins during the Jan. 11 gala, which will be telecast live from Santa Monica on The CW.
The #SeeHer movement is spearheaded by the Association of National Advertisers and has the goal of accurately portraying all women and girls in media by 2020.
“We’re honored to recognize Gal this year with the second annual #SeeHer Award,” said ANA CEO Bob Liodice. “Not only was she able to challenge stereotypes in film and find success by starring in one of the biggest blockbusters this year, she also used that success to shine a light on her own industry, and push the boundaries on gender equality in real life.”
Since its June release, Wonder Woman has earned over $800 million at the global box office.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day