- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment has pacted with Canada’s New Franchise Media to develop novelist Jeffrey Archer’s Eleventh Commandment as a TV series.
The agreement for a TV adaptation of the CIA action/thriller as a TV series will be stick-handled by Hurd, executive producer of The Walking Dead and the upcoming Port Royal series.
The development deal follows Toronto-based New Franchise Media last week announcing that Archer’s A Matter of Honor novel will be developed as a feature film by action movie vet Frank Marshall of The Kennedy/Marshall Company.
The movie adaptation plan is to also create an action sequel based on Archer’s Honor Among Thieves novel using a recurring character from A Matter of Honor, Adam Scott, as the main focus.
“Jeffrey Archer’s storytelling is compelling, character driven and perfect for television – full of fast-paced, high-stakes danger.” Hurd.said in a statement.
New Franchise Media is repped for TV projects by CAA’s Kevin Cooper.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day