- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The news comes just months after his latest political documentary, Game Change, garnered ratings and acclaim for the premium cable network. The film, which centered on the 2008 presidential campaign featuring John McCain (played by Ed Harris) and Sarah Palin (Julianne Moore), followed his Emmy-winning 2008 HBO political telepic, Recount.
As another election season heats up, HBO continues to invest in political fare. In addition to renewals for Real Time With Bill Maher and political comedy Veep, the network is prepping June addition The Newsroom, an Aaron Sorkin drama centered on a cable news reporter, and an upcoming George H. W. Bush documentary from Jerry Weintraub.
ON the big screen, Roach is better known for his extensive comedy work. Among his credits: the Austin Powers and Meet the Parents films. Later this summer, he’ll release Campaign, which stars Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis as two Southerners vying for a seat in Congress.
Roach is repped by WME, Mosaic and Behr & Abramson.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Email: Borys.Kit@THR.com; Twitter: @BorysKit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day