- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones star Natalie Dormer has joined The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2.
Dormer, who plays Margaery Tyrell on the HBO hit series, will take on the role of Cressida, a director who joins the rebellion, in the third and fourth films of the hot YA franchise, Lionsgate announced Thursday, Aug. 22.
Directed by Francis Lawrence and based on the novel Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, the films will follow Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) as she leads a rebellion against the tyrannical and corrupt Capitol in the futuristic land of Panem.
The second installment in the series, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, will open wide Nov. 22, 2013.
Mockingjay: Part 1 will open wide Nov. 21, 2014, and Mockingjay: Part 2 will open Nov. 20, 2015.
Dormer will next be seen in Ron Howard’s racing pic Rush this September, as well as in Ridley Scott’s The Counselor in October. She’s repped by UTA, Untitled Entertainment and United Agents.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day