- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A statement released by HBO and Canal Plus, which broadcasts the show in Spain, followed up the ambassador’s comments, but said no specific sites would be identified until closer to the shoots.
The shoots, which will take place sometime later this year, will be carried out in conjunction with the Andalusia Film Commission, the Seville Film Office and Seville mayor Juan Ignacio Zoido, among other local entities. Peter Welter Soler of Fresco Film Services will provide production services.
Southern Spain is speckled with Moorish fortresses, like Seville’s Alcazar and Old Royal Palace, and majestic gardens that could be featured in the series. Rumors suggest Spain might represent the Kingdom of Dorne, which the series has yet to debut.
Spain will now join the list of countries that have acted as locations for the popular show, including Croatia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Morocco, Iceland and the United States.
Based on George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Fire and Ice series of books, Game of Thrones’ fourth season finished in June. The series has already become the most-watched show in the history of HBO, outperforming The Sopranos as the most popular fiction show on the U.S. cable channel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day