- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first four episodes of the hit HBO drama’s upcoming season have leaked to file-sharing sites, TorrentFreak reports. The episodes appear to come from screeners sent to TV reviewers.
During the first three hours that the new episodes were available, they were downloaded more than 100,000 times, according to TorrentFreak. The episodes were first available on private torrent site IPT but have since appeared on public outlets, including The Pirate Bay, Kickass Torrents and RARBG.
In response to the leak, HBO said in a statement that the network is working to find out who is responsible. “Sadly, it seems the leaked four episodes of the upcoming season of Game of Thrones originated from within a group approved by HBO to receive them,” read the statement. “We’re actively assessing how this breach occurred.”
The series has long been a favorite of pirates. Previous seasons’ episodes were illegally downloaded 7 million times between February and April, making Game of Thrones the most-pirated series in that time frame.
Game of Thrones‘ season-five premiere airs April 12 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day