- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Los Angeles is a damsel in distress,” Nick Nolte growls, “and I need you to save her.”
The first trailer for The Gangster Squad, director Ruben Fleischer‘s star-studded organized crime film, has hit the web, teasing a high gloss foray into a gritty world, a cocktail of noir, ’70s mob classics and modern day cop movies swirled in a sparkling whiskey glass.
Sean Penn plays Mickey Cohen, the transported east coast gangster who runs L.A., while Nolte plays Bill Parker, the cop charged with assembling the team to take him down. He taps John O’Mara, played by a square-jawed Josh Brolin, who then brings along Sgt. Jerry Wooters — here seemingly the film’s central character — who is played by Ryan Gosling, Conway Keeler (Giovanni Ribisi) and Coleman Harris (Anthony Mackie) among others.
Emma Stone appears as Grace Faraday, Cohen’s prized arm candy and the woman to whom Gosling’s Wooters is dangerously attracted. Mireille Enos plays Brolin’s wife, Connie O’Mara.
The film is set to hit theaters on October 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day