- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This weekend, The Surf Lodge will close out its summer programming schedule with a two-night concert event.
In partnership with Bumble and The Governors Ball, the virtual celebration will feature Australian breakthrough artist Tones and I on Saturday evening with opener Oli Benz at 7:30 p.m. EST. On Sunday night, Gary Clark Jr. will close out the weekend with opener Blackillac, also at 7:30 p.m. EST. One of Clark’s previous performances at The Surf Lodge has been viewed 5.6 million times on YouTube.
The events serve as fundraisers for Bryan Stevenson’s Equal Justice Initiative, an organization that works to end mass incarceration, excessive punishment and racial inequality. One-hundred percent of sales from the Jacquelyn Jablonski-designed event capsule collection will also be donated to the cause.
Like so many gatherings amid the COVID-19 pandemic, The Surf Lodge has pivoted to make its programming virtual with an eye on safety. To that end, the concerts will be available to stream on YouTube via The Surf Lodge channel as well as Facebook and Instagram Live.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day