- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gavin DeGraw is in stable condition after being viciously assaulted in New York City and hit by a taxi early Monday morning, People.com reports. He is still undergoing treatment at Bellevue Hospital as of Tuesday morning.
The “I Don’t Want to Be” singer was out with friends with he was attacked by “marauding goons” around 4:30 a.m. Monday in on 6th Street and First Avenue, the New York Post reports.
Fazed, he kept walking north, and was hit by a taxi on 19th Street and First Avenue. He was not seriously injured by the cab.
“Gavin DeGraw was assaulted … and was taken to the emergency room at Bellevue Hospital by ambulance. He is currently under observation. We have no additional information at this time,” says his rep in a statement.
He was admitted to Bellevue Hospital with a broken nose and cuts on his face.
DeGraw is currently on tour with Maroon 5 and Train, His next show was scheduled for Tuesday in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
His next album, Sweeter, is due in stores on Sept. 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day