- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Los Angeles-based executive with 20th Century Fox has been missing for several days, prompting the studio to enlist law enforcement in a search for his whereabouts.
Gavin Smith, who has worked in Fox’s movie distribution department for almost 18 years, has not been heard from since Tuesday, according to a special bulletin distributed Friday by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, which is seeking the public’s help in locating Smith.
The executive, who works in Fox’s Calabasas office and is the branch manager for theaters in Dallas and Oklahoma City, was last seen in his Mercedes 420E sedan on Tuesday evening near the Oak Park home he shares with his family.
“We are very concerned about Gavin,” Fox distribution president Chris Aronson tells The Hollywood Reporter. “We are actively doing what we can to assist the L.A. Sheriff’s department.” Aronson says there was no indication in advance of any problems that might have led to Smith’s disappearance.
Law enforcement officials are asking people with information to call 800-222-TIPS (8477) or text “TIPLA” plus the tip to 274637 or Crimes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day