- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – British actress Gemma Arterton has joined a panel of industry gurus to help draw up the shortlist for the BAFTA Rising Star Award 2014, sponsored by telecoms giant EE.
Arterton joins a panel that includes director Kirk Jones, producer Pete Czernin and U.K. movie critic Mark Kermode. Together, they must finalize a list of five nominees for the award.
Arterton found herself on the Rising Star shortlist in 2011, but lost out to that year’s winner, Tom Hardy.
It is the only BAFTA award dished out at the British Academy’s film awards that is chosen by the public.
The nominated five will have “demonstrated exceptional talent and ambition,” and also will “have begun to capture the imagination of the British public,” according to the panel guidelines.
Nominees will be announced on Jan. 6 with the winner unveiled during the EE British Academy Film Awards on Feb. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day