- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gemma Arterton is no longer in talks to star in Christopher Robin.
Reps for the actress had been speaking with the studio as of last week, but talks did not progress from there.
Ewan McGregor is starring as the title character, the now-grown child from A.A. Milne’s Winnie the Pooh stories, in the movie being directed by Marc Forster.
McGregor will play the adult Christopher Robin, who has lost his sense of imagination and is a businessman focused on work and success. (And yes, Pooh and the gang will be making appearances in the film.)
The movie is set to begin shooting later this summer in the U.K.
Oscar-nominated screenwriter Allison Schroeder (Hidden Figures) did a recent pass on the script. Alex Ross and Tom McCarthy worked on earlier drafts.
The Jungle Book producer Brigham Taylor is producing.
Arterton currently stars in Their Finest, a World War II drama directed by Lone Scherfig (An Education) and co-starring Sam Claflin and Bill Nighy, and has The Escape with Dominic Cooper in the can.
June 22, 2:10 p.m. Updated headline and story throughout to reflect that Arterton is no longer in talks for the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day