- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gene Simmons doesn’t want to party every day with President Obama. The Kiss bassist said in a recent interview he voted for Obama in 2008, but gave the president poor marks for his first term.
“The country is so divided. I voted for President Obama last time but I have to say I’m very disappointed in his job,” he told NoiseCreep. “He’s been a piss-poor president as far as I’m concerned.”
Simmons said while he and Republican candidate Mitt Romney didn’t agree on all issues, the former Massachusetts governor would make a better president.
“I will tell you that he’s much more qualified,” Simmons said. “He’s a businessman, he ran the Olympics. …He knows how to create jobs. President Obama is a wonderful family man. And that’s about where the résumé stops.”
In addition to his long musical career, Simmons starred in A&E’s reality series Gene Simmons Family Jewels with his family for seven seasons. The network announced the show’s cancellation in August. Kiss released its 20th studio album, Monster, last week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day