- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gene Simmons says he wishes he could have invited more fans to his wedding to Shannon Tweed, his girlfriend of 28 years.
“Thanks one and all for the kind wishes. Wish I could celebrate tomorrow with all of you. But Saturday is for Shannon and the kids. Family!!!” he Tweeted before walking down the aisle.
Simmons said “I Do” in front of 400 guests, including Hugh Hefner, Bill Maher and the other members of KISS, according to People.com. Their daughter, Sophie, 19, served as Tweed’s maid of honor and also sang Etta James‘ “At Last” at the reception. Their son, Nick, 22, was also present.
Tweed changed into three different dresses for the ceremony and reception, held at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Simmons, 62, surprised viewers of his hit reality series on A&E, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, when he proposed to Tweed in Belize on the Season 6 finale, with a 24-carat diamond ring.
The series returns on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 9 p.m. A special wedding episode is expected to air later this month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek