- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon Studios is readying to introduce Generation Wealth to a wider audience this summer, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Generation Wealth reflects on materialism in America — a common theme of Greenfield’s body of work as a photographer and filmmaker. Both a career retrospective and a film essay, the doc reveals a nationwide focus on cultivating image over substance, as subjects unable to attain actual wealth instead settle for its trappings, no matter their ability to pay for it. it underscores the ever-increasing gap between the haves and the have-nots throughout the country and the world.
Greenfield, who won a Sundance documentary directing award for The Queen of Versailles in 2012, produced Generation Wealth with Frank Evers and Wallis Annenberg.
Also debuting in theaters July 20 are Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel adaptation and Universal’s Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! musical.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day