- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
George Clooney is ready to settle down.
The actor and notorious bachelor, 52, is engaged to 36-year-old British lawyer Amal Alamuddin People reports.
The publication’s sources say the proposal happened “not that long ago.” The couple has reportedly been spotted around Los Angeles this week, with Alamuddin sporting a dazzling engagement ring. The pair were first publicly linked to each other in October.
A rep for Clooney, who is famously guarded about the actor’s personal life, declined to comment.
“I do not comment on his personal life,” the rep told The Hollywood Reporter.
Clooney has been married once before, wedding Talia Balsam in 1989. The marriage ended in divorce four years later.
UPDATE 7:24 a.m. Monday: Alamuddin’s law firm confirmed the engagement on Monday by releasing a statement: “The barristers and staff of Doughty Street Chambers offer their best wishes and congratulations to Ms. Amal Alamuddin, a member of Chambers, and Mr. George Clooney on their engagement to be married,” the firm said, as quoted by Reuters.
Added Robin Jackson, the chief executive of her law firm: “She brings a bright light to everything she is involved in, and I am so delighted at her happy news.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day