- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If you love George Clooney, and you’ve got deep pockets too, then the actor-philanthropist’s latest charitable effort might be right up your alley: Clooney is auctioning off the opportunity for two fans to join himself and entertainment writer Dave Karger for an intimate lunch at the Soho House in West Hollywood.
The lunch experience, valued at $20,000, is up for bid through Oct. 11 on the auction site Charitybuzz and will benefit GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, which works to ensure safe schools for students.
Clooney, who recently sold his Tesla Roadster at an auction benefitting Sudan, will receive the Brass Ring for his philanthropy at the Carousel of Hope gala in Los Angeles next month.
Also in October, GLSEN will honor DreamWorks Animation co-founder and CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg and his wife, Marilyn, with its Lifetime Achievement Award at the group’s eighth annual Respect Awards at the Beverly Hills Hotel. White Collar star Matt Bomer and his partner, Slate PR’s Simon Halls, will be honored by GLSEN with its Inspiration Award.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day